Living In Hawaii: Economy Business Jobs

Hawaii is not all sun and coconuts some of us live here. This video is about living in Hawaii, business, economics and jobs. How strong is the economy in Hawaii? Can I find a high paying job? How to survival on the Big Island Hawaii? How easy is it to find natural resources? Can Hawaii compete with the world? I answers some of these questions and give my opinion.

This is just one of a few videos I will do on the economy Of the state of Hawaii.

Related videos

20 Comments on "Living In Hawaii: Economy Business Jobs"

1. William Wurthmann | August 8, 2018 at 7:48 pm |

I lived in Kona for two years and had two jobs.

2. yawninggreyhound | August 8, 2018 at 8:26 pm |

gawd, i love that shirt.

3. It sounds almost as poor as the area I live in. But yours is soooo green. Mine is green but yours is wonderfully green. It's a bit rough here because standards are set by companies that are in another state quite often and they usually demand our places look much more "shiny" than many have the money for. We do do our best though. Hawaii is a dream, a land that seems like a piece of Heaven at times. I am not crazy about cities and except for humidity would love Puna. Thank you for sharing your home with us.

4. How about legalizing Pakalolo or at least industrial hemp to help the poor local economy.

5. Thomas Reto | August 8, 2018 at 10:28 pm |

It is intriguing listening to you…We now own land in Puna…From what you say…that seems accurate to me…I am a mechanic and wife works with special needs children and also has elementary ed degree…I…personally would be happy…in a small shell package home…on a large lot…maybe completely on solar….with a composting toilet..We would be “successful” if we didn’t expect a big shiny car…I.e….monetary gain would have to b put into perspective….I am anticipating a successful transition…we just can’t have a large mortgage over our heads…by the way…my idea…purple potatoey shine…brewed at a cool elevation (duty free) somewhere in the hills…in Ohia casks

6. Mollie Jonte | August 8, 2018 at 10:36 pm |

Somebody needs to come up with uses for lava, besides pavement. Lava is definitely a natural resource of Hawaii.

7. Overthemoon | August 8, 2018 at 11:02 pm |

Good info Gabe..I know visiting there 3-4 times over the years…locals operate on island time…no rush like we do on mainland. U must really gear down to that slower speed aka Island time. True..😊🏄🏻‍♀️🌺🐠

8. Darlene OHara | August 8, 2018 at 11:18 pm |

I'm learning soooo much about your Island. I have to ask, you're still a young man, why do you stay? It seems that you would do better financially if you were to move to a more stable environment or better yet, why can't things improve so that the economy gets stronger? Are companies being approached with the beauty of the Island in entice them to open up or branch out there? I would think that Amazon would have loved to have a company there. Either way, great video Gabe! Keep em coming. You really should have a show and these videos should be seen in schools around the world. Good job. Have a blessed and great day. Aloooooohaaaa

9. leena m.sindhi | August 8, 2018 at 11:59 pm |

If i come there can i stay for some months with you is it possible and tell me what it takes and how much money i must have with me? for instance you run your family then how much dollars 💵 are needed?

10. leena m.sindhi | August 9, 2018 at 12:35 am |

What about your harvest! 👨 man 👨 don't you sell them to companies to make money or consume them all at home 🏡?

11. Nice 👍 shirt.

12. Natives would not like more foreign people moving here, they have said Stop moving here, taking our lands and not respecting rich Hawaiian culture and beliefs. This goes back to the days of the Queen of Kingdom of Hawaii.

13. FredrickVonShwinkel | August 9, 2018 at 2:37 am |

I'm curious about Internet coverage in puna. 🙂 thanks brother, coming in September to look at land

14. Emil Ismayilov | August 9, 2018 at 3:34 am |

Isnt what life is about? Why we need so much money? Family, own food, your own land, this tribal feeling, everybody is chill. You grow your own food, go to the beach and relax. We are so brain washed that this kind of lifestyle is considered poor. Everybody wants to be rich, important, be business owner, expensive stuff and etc. Screw it.

15. You think the government would step up and help,same with rural areas on the mainland, they been ignored ,while billions head overseas, I be rattling Washington D.C. for help.

16. Nice!! Relax!!!lol!! true!!

17. I have recently gotten the idea to move to Hawai'i from Illinois, and my research does say it is a bot rough in terms pf economy. But I honestly just want to get away from the chaos of the mainland. I would be perfectly happy to just have a standard job and a basic house with quality appliances.

18. Donnie Mays | August 9, 2018 at 5:47 am |

Good info braddah. I wish the sugar cane business would return to Hawaii. My families whole source of income was cane for many generations besides the military. But we also raised our own food too.

19. eightgeorge | August 9, 2018 at 6:07 am |

How about forging a knife out of lava? People will pay for seeing their knife being forged from the gods? It will cut, It will kill. Nice and informative to hear from the locals, I love this kind of vid's because everyone thinks it's so easy to live in paradise. Nice one mate putting everything into perspective.

20. Very informative vid, and a great vision.  The power of Hawaii lies indeed in exclusive products like you mentioned.
    I am a knifemaker and some time ago i made an expensive knife for a demanding collector. He wanted a display case made from koa wood. Since i don t make display cases, i joined forces with a Hawaiian craftsman who provided an excellent piece.